Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Different Teas

Ok let's talk about Tea today. In Malaysia we called it "teh tarik" which mean "pull tea" which is our Indian's milk tea. Well the reason it was called like that is it because the way they make the tea.

They will use a larger metal container and mix the tea and milk together and hold it with one hand and another hand with a glass tea cup and both hands went the opposite vertical direction and pour it out like waterfall. And it creates a foamy or bubbles effect surface. It gives it a smooth feeling in the tea texture when you drink it, you will feel the tea is smoother than the normal one. Try order two and see, one with the pulling and one without you will definitely feel the different.

This morning I ordered one and asked for less sweet. Too bad it didn't taste as good as usual. Today the tea content is a bit too much, too strong. That makes it kind of bitter and feels like it is biting your tongue. The colour is slightly dark and dull compare to a real good nice "teh tarik". Chinese restaurant and Malay restaurant both their tea are different from Indian restaurant. Chinese milk tea is slightly different from Indian in term of texture and taste. Both have their unique taste. I like both.

Why I didn't mention Malay's tea basically is the same with Indian. But I have yet to come across any nice Malay restaurant that make nice tea they are either too sweet or hardly got any taste of tea in it. We Malaysian have lots of 24 hours Mamak (which is our Indian Restaurant). We like to hang around and have a nice cup of tea which is about a $1 each. The price is ten times cheaper than Star Buck or Coffee Beans. Hope they wouldn't sue me by doing such bad advertisement for them. ;)

So if you are in Malaysia please have a cup of nice "teh tarik" sure you will fall in love with it. Hmmm... going for my second cup, this time I will have my "Teh O Ice Limau" which is more or less like "Ice Lemon Tea". But instead of lemon now we use lime instead. You should try this too. If they give enough lime in it, it taste heavenly. Especially drinking it under a long hot sunny day, is really refreshing, it refresh your throat and all the way down your internal organs and your soul. I notice almost every table has a cup of "teh tarik" on it! O wow! This is so refreshing my "Teh O Ice Limau" that just came. It is so tasty! With the right portion of tea, sugar and lime blended nicely together it gives the perfect tastes that linger in your mouth. Ahh......... nice!

O I forget how about English tea than. I will try to use music term to describe them. As a singer myself.

I like English tea [http://www.faithfoo.com/Tea!.html] too. English tea like Earl Grey it gives a beautiful fragrance that stay in your mouth and tongue. You can breaths in the fragrance as the air flow through your mouth. To me English tea is like a Coloratura singer, it gives a, high, light, elegant, sweet, smooth, flooding and nothing rough about it feeling. As compare to Indian tea is like a Spinto or a Heavy Mezzo soprano, it gives a full body, a powerful kick, a strong boast kind of feeling. English tea has lingering effect where else Indian tea have a satisfying feeling it makes you feel full.

Ok so much about tea. I am actually trying to write something around me so I choose the cup of tea that is next to me.

So do you enjoy my tea sharing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share |

Sponsor Links

Click Here! How to Stop Drinking - Stop Drinking Alcohol without Aa
Best Deal Ever
www.howtostopdrinkingwithoutaa.com

Click Here!Build Your Own Water Filter - In 3 Easy Steps!
www.homemadefilter.com

Click Here!How To Give Up Alcohol
www.alcoholfreesociallife.com=0